Friday, September 30, 2005

Government Raid/More Worthless Football Picks


I killed a man today. It was the first man I killed in 3 months. Granted it wasn't the first person I killed in 3 months, but that's neither here nor there. Anyway he was a young guy, maybe 18 or 19, unarmed, manning a guardpost with a pair of binoculars on the outskirts of a northern Chad desert village believed to be harboring rebel forces. Anyway I crawled up within about 50 meters of the guardpost and got him with the cross-bow. Arrow went right through the throat and he had it. With the guard eliminated, the government commando unit busted in and met little resistance. My squad leader, who is about 45 years younger than me, congratulated me on the shot. We searched the village up and down but didn't find anything. I guess we have these rebel forces on the run because a few months ago vilages like these used to often contain weapons caches and equipment. Anyway everything went smoothely and I really felt good about myself for the first time in a long time. And the best part is that no one got hurt - well except just the guy I killed with the cross-bow- but he probably had it coming to him.

I haven't paid much attention to the NFL recently, so I thought I'd forward along some NFL picks I have recieved from some of my loyal readers:

Arizona (giving 2 1/2) covers vs. San Fransisco
"It's gut-check time in San Fran. If we lose we're the worst team in the NFL. If we win we're just a young up-and-comer that got off to a bad start. We're at home and I'm guaranteeing a victory- and that we cover- so take Arizona giving 3 to San Fran."
Denny G, Phoenix AZ, USA

Detroit (getting 6 1/2) covers vs. Tampa Bay
"Tampa Bay is off to a nice start, but we had a bye and we're playing a must-win game. We're going to try and finally establish the run and hopefully wear these clowns down. And what the hell- we're getting 6 1/2. Tampa Bay only beat Green Bay by a point last week- failing to cover- so I don't think Griese and wil beat uus by 7."
Tshimnaga Bradley, Gross Point Mich, USA


Buffalo (even) covers vs. New Orleans
"The Katrina hoopla is fading and so is the Saints' morale - Joe Horn is a game-time decision and the 'Aints got nothing to play for. Buffalo's an up-and-comer, fresh off a 140-yard performance from Willis McGahee. Sure the Saints are the 'home-team,' but what kind of homefield advantage is that?"
Kyle R, Buffalo New York

Houston (getting 10) covers vs. Cincy
"Folks we could see the Bengals in the Super Bowl. They got great odds so lay some money out now. But as for this week, the Texans are fresh off a bye and likely have some perverbial tricks up their perverbial sleeves. Ten points is alot to cover- so take a chance on the Texans and their new offensive coordinator."
Homer Van Meter, the Midwest

2 Comments:

Blogger McStallen said...

Listen up "Anonymous"

You're going to be the deadest guy on the planet when I finally track you down. And by God, if it's the last thing I ever do, I will find you, and I will kill you.

8:12 PM  
Blogger McStallen said...

Never really thought about "what" that way? Sounds like you just spammed me with some canned message. So Alena you harlet, I will be keeping an eye on you and this Katrina nonsense. Do not cross me

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home