Monday, May 16, 2005

Coup D'Etat

My god dear readers I have terrible news. The Duke and his wife were assassinated as their motorcade drove through a bustling market in the streets of Sarajevo two days ago. The Duke unexpectedly stopped the motorcade and exited his limosine to purchase oranges from a local street vendor when gunfire suddenly erupted all around him. In seconds both the Duke and Dutchess were dead. Ravenous by-standers grabbed the alleged gunman, a fascist-anarchist named Virgil "The Turk" Solozzo, and brought him to the local station for questioning.

It wasn't until I was on my way back to Sarajevo that I heard of the assassinations. That was 2 in the afternoon the next day Bosnian time, but already the Belgrade papers had the entire history of an unknown 44-year-old man, Solozzo - a studio picture, detailed biographical data, Russian information - and were pretty sure of the fact he'd been the lone gunman, although it took them four more hours to charge him with the murder in the police station. It felt as if, well, a cover story was being put out like they would in a black op.

Anyway, after I came back I asked myself why was I, the chief of security, selected to travel to the Southern Balkans at that time to do a job that any number of others could have done? One of my routine duties if I had been in Sarajevo would've been to arrange for additional security when the Duke was traveling. I checked it out when I got back and sure enough, I found out someone had told the rest of the body guards to "stand down" that day, over the protests of the unit leader Ricky Roma.

Now this is significant, because it is standard operating procedure, especially in a known hostile city like Sarajevo, to put at least a half-dozen agents on the sidewalks, without question! We'd have arrived days ahead of time, studied the route, checked all the buildings ...We never would've allowed all those wide-open empty windows overlooking the market ... never ...We would have had our own snipers covering the area. The moment a window went up they'd have been on the radio. We would've been watching the crowds - packages, rolled up newspapers, a
coat over an arm, never would have let a man open an umbrella along the way - Never! You would have felt a presence in the streets that day, but none of this happened. It was a violation of the most basic protection codes we have. And it is the best indication of a massive plot in Sarajevo.

Who could have best done this? People in my business...People like my superior officer "Y" could've told Ricky Roma, "Look - we have another unit coming from so and so providing such and such. You'll stand down."

But the real question, is "Why?" -the "how" is just "scenery" for the suckers ... it keeps people guessing like a parlor game, but it prevents them from asking the most important question - Why? Why was the Duke killed? Who benefited? Who has the power to cover it up? If we can answer those questions, we can solve this whole thing.

This was a military-style ambush from start to finish ... a coup d'etat. And now pictures are circulatinig linking Solozzo to the Bush Administration and the American mob.



This undated photo was recently discovered in a Belgrade garage, showing American president George Bush (left middle) meeting with Virgil "The Turk" Solozzo (right middle) and several unidentified members of the Corleone crime family. The Bush administration claims the photo is a fake, and that George Bush's face has actually been super-imposed over the body of a member of the Corleone family

And I can't help but think of the bizarre similarities to something that happened here over 90 years ago...Well anyway the Slavs can sort all this out on their own. I've got no one left to protect here, so I'm taking my semi-automatic assault rifle and I'm going home. God knows when I'll work again. This whole thing is awful and I may take some time off from writing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im on to you donald

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't we drop this subject Manatee ... it's one thing to engage in badinage with these
youngsters, but this sort of thing could be so easily misunderstood...

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home