Saturday, March 19, 2005

Shortstop Preview!

I am still laying down recouperating from my injury. I refuse to go outside and the doctor told me I have agorophobia, which I believe is the fear of bulls. But there are not many bulls in Jordan.




OK so now I will be previewing shortstops. I remember doing a fantasy draft while I was in Kosovo a few years back, and it seemed superstar shortstops were everywhere. But these times they are a changin. There's not as much here as there used to be- don't get left out in the cold- make sure you grab a decent option at short before they are all gone!


1) Miguel Tejada, Baltimore- no more A-Rod, so Tejada is king. And it is good to be king.
2) Michael Young, Texas- under-rated
3) Nomar Garciapara, Boston err... Chicago -over-rated
4) Derek Jeter, Yanquis -more over-rated
5) Carlos Guillen, Detroit -had a break-thru season in '04
6) Rafael Furcal, Atlanta -solid option
7) Jose Reyes, Mets -plays 2B and SS
8) Jimmy Rollins, Philadelphia -good numbers in ’04, but a little inconsistent
9) Edgar Renteria, St. Louis -numbers may decline now that he has left St. Louis
10) Bobby Crosby, Oakland -Tool of the insidiuos Billy Beane, scripter of the slanderous "Money Ball"
11) Orlando Cabrera, Los Angeles -had an off year last year
12) Clint Barmes, Colorado -Royce Clayton’s replacement in Coors Field
13) Jose Valentin, Does it matter where he plays? -nice homerun numbers
14) Chandra Bose, India -German sympathizer
15) BJ Upton -stud in the making who will start the season in the minors because of his poor fielding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home