Sunday, February 13, 2005

What If They Had A Peacekeeping Operation And Nobody Came?

This morning I received an offer from a UN affiliate to provide additional security for a group of Pakistani peacekeepers in Sierra Leone- this would be essentially the same type of work we did for the British in Basra last October. I am scrambling to assemble a team, but it appears most of my field operators are already jumping to other projects – I suppose they became rather impatient after the Venezuelan incident, and they seemed to have taken the next offer they got.

DoHan and DooHan have left to do security work for Devlin McGregor, a pharmaceutical company. Jan has left for Korea again, presumably to trade pot shots with those bloody snipers on the 38th parallel. Helmut, my long-term associate that I spent so many wonderful years working with in Rhodesia (when they still called it Rhodesia) left Berlin this morning to have another go at the Chechens. Rodrigo just left Srebrenica and may have something lined up in the Far East.

Yesterday I had a team but not a mission. Today I have a mission but don’t have a team. Sadly I prefer the former to the latter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home