Sunday, March 13, 2005

More trouble in the streets/Fantasy Baseball Third Base preview

I am still recovering from my wound in a hospital bed in an undisclosed location, and I spend most of my day crying in pain. The hospital I am in has run out of antibiotics, and the streets have become crowded with heavily-armed civilians. I fear the government here may fall, and I am unsure how I am going to get out of here. From my hospital bed, I have seen hundreds of angry civilians gathering and trading fire with government positions. The government soldiers are cowardly dogs, and I have no faith in their ability to control the civilian revolutionaries.



Here is a photograph from the streets around my hospital



Well onto more pleasant news- the fantasy baseball third base preview. Gobe are the days when you were lucky to have Tim Wallach at third. Now pratcially everyone hits like the Great mike Schmidt, and you should not overpay for a third-sacker because of the glut of talent here. Here are McStallen's top picks:
1) Alex Rodriguez, Yankees -the greatest
2) Scott Rolen, St. Louis- Scott may be a spineless coward from the midwest, but he is an RBI machine in St. Louis
3) Eric Chavez, Oakland- well-rounded slugger who is a tool of the fiendish Billy bean and his slanderous "Money Ball" literature which makes "Satanic Verses" look like a child's coloring book
4) Aramis Ramirez, Chicago- very under-rated
5) Melvin Mora, Baltimore- even more under-rated
6) Adrian Beltre, Seattle-MVP season last year- bust of the year this year
7) Aubrey Huff, Tampa Bay- finished strong last year after a slow start -plays first base too
8) Hank Blalock, Texas- starting to hit lefties
9) David Wright, Mets- stud in the making
10) Mike Lowell, Florida- had cancer
11) Troy Glaus, Arizona- injury concern
12) Chipper Jones, Atlanta- yes, he's eligible at third again this year
13) Aaron Boone, Cleveland- Remember him?
14) Casey Blake, Cleveland- smart bet?
15) Dallas McPherson, Angles- Troy who? Why do I ask so many questions?
16) Chone Figgins- very versatile
17) Bill Mueller, Boston- very consistent
18) Vinny Castilla, DC- he's not in Colorado any more
19) Corey Koskie, Minnesota- who cares?
20) Sean Burroughs, San Diego- his dad was a good baseball player

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your work on grape picking has given me the courage to take a stand and follow my dreams, thank you and you will always be in my heart.
i hear that the smart bet would be to take a third baseman with a last name for a first name and a first name for his last. just a question, everyone is an expert...

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home