Friday, February 11, 2005

Latest Middle East Operation is Completed

OK so I am resting in the states now after my extended action in the Middle East. And it is certainly nice to have regular access to a computer again, so I am going to try and pick things up where I left off.

A couple general comments on the situation in Iraq. First, when I went back to Iraq this time, I found things were much different than they were in 91. This time the Americans are "officially" in Iraq, and they really have been an "official" pain in the ass to me and my team. But I think most of the Americans mean well, although they are not as well educated as you may think and they make bad decisions under fire. I suppose I don't mind working with or around them so long as their interests do not conflict with mine.

And what a small world it is over there! I was working on an extraction for a team that had run into a bit of trouble working a security detail for a British unit in Basra and I bumped into a fellow I hadn't seen since Nha Trang 68 when we dynamited that Vietnamese dam!

So I am pleased to have some free time and shall keep updating this as time permits. For those of you that donated money for Sinjay's operation, I would like to thank you. As most of you know, Sinjay didn't pull through, but your thoughts and prayers made his last days as pleasant as possible and hopefully we shall get another run at those Chechen dogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home