Saturday, April 09, 2005

Revised Mission Plans/ Return to the Deadball Era

I am still dealing with the fall-out of the villager shooting and I must admit these Cambodians are taking it alot worse than I thought. The local priest performed a ceremony to put a curse on our entire crew and the villagers have made several unsuccessful and bloody attempts to commandeer our vessel. All in all it is making it nearly impossible for us to operate a covert intelligence-gathering mission from the river.

So my mission leader Sorvatz, whom I fought side-by-side with in the Falklands, has decided it is best I go. He thinks the team may be able to make peace with the village if I am out of the picture. So I'm out. My employer has given me a new mission where I am to go inland about 15 clicks to the Qan Tri province and assissinate a local government tax collector. This is really just "busy work," but I guess it is better than no work at all, and I will take what I can get.


Every day, many of the surviving villagers gather and pray for bad things to happen to me


It's usually during depressing times like these that I can turn to the Great American Past-time to cheer me up. But there is no joy to be found here either. What in the world has happened to the lumber? The offense just isn't there this year. Smaller parks, more teams, stronger players- all that was supposed to lead to more offense. And don't get me wrong, I appreciate defense and pitching too, but I am shocked and appalled to see offensive teams like Houston, St. Louis y Los Yanquis putting up one or two runs in a game. Why is this happening?

Could it be that many sluggers are deflating? In the wake of the Balco-juice scandal, I believe many players have done away with their supplements and steroids and now they have to play normal baseball. Those that do not play by the rules risk severe sanctions such as our favorite Cuban cast-off, Alex Sanchez. So will these players start hitting? Or will we see a deflated Sammy Sosa hit twenty dongs this year? You heard it here first- most ballplayers were taking/injecting/consuming controband into their bodies, and now that they are stopping there will be a whole lot less offense this year. And maybe for years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home